Call for Entries : "Portraits of the Self"
Exhibition Dates: April 4, 2008 - September 30, 2008The self-portrait is a deeply traditional art subject. Artists have created images of themselves since ancient times, resulting in an art form that spans all eras and encompasses all types of media. Self-portraiture not only gives the artist a ready subject, but also one with which the artist may be less objective. The resulting self-portraits often reveal the passion, courage, and energy of the artist's soul.
How do you see yourself? How do you present yourself to others? Does your image reveal your personality, character, and values, or do these attributes hide behind an invisible veil that reflects mystery?
We invite you to use your art for self-exploration and to share an image of what you discover about your own unique physical, emotional, and spiritual persona.
Portraits of the Self is a "members-only" exhibit. Artists wishing to submit art for this exhibit must first be registered at The Artists Registry.
If you are not already a member, we invite you to become part of this rich and diverse artists community at ECVA. (Becoming a member is easy, just click here to begin.) All artists are encouraged to participate.
We hope that all artists who have exhibited with ECVA in the past eight years will both become a member of The Artists Registry and share a self-portrait for this exhibition.
1. Submissions are now being accepted for Portraits of the Self, an online exhibition which will be displayed at www.ecva.org from April 4, 2008 through September 30, 2008. The submissions deadline is March 21, 2008.
2. All digitized reproductions of art media (2-D or 3-D) will be considered.
3. Artists may submit up to three (3) entries.
4. Images should be in a .jpg or .gif format with a minimum of 600 pixels for the longest dimension at 72ppi. We need high-resolution images in order to show your work properly. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Each entry must include title, medium, date created, and size (if applicable). The ECVA Entry form can simplify this process.
6. Please include a statement about what influenced you while creating the images submitted.
7. Please include your name, desired email contact information (optional), local ECVA Chapter (if applicable), church/faith community, and concise biographical information. This information will appear on the exhibition Web pages, so please include the information as you want it to appear.
8. By submitting entries for this exhibition, you agree that we may use the images on the ECVA Web site (www.ecva.org), in printed and visual promotional material produced by ECVA, on The Worship Well, our partner Web site (www.theworshipwell.org), in the ECVA Newsletter, and Episcopal Cafe (www.episcopalcafe.com).
9. The selection of work for the exhibit will be at the discretion of Curator, David C. Hancock.
10. Deadline for submissions is March 21, 2008.
11. To submit art, include the requested information in an e-mail, with attached images. Send to email@example.com. Images may be sent attached to multiple e-mails (please state this in the first e-mail, and use the same subject line for each message; for example: Portraits of the Self, Smith, Image 1 of 3 [2 of 3 or 3 of 3]).
12. To download an entry form as a Word document, please click HERE.
Exhibition Dates: April 4, 2008 - September 30, 2008
Submissions deadline: March 21, 2008
Curator: David C. Hancock